ARGUS 4.0 Revisions:
Apart from the changes shown below, there have been made corrections and additions to the XLI script interpeter. These changes are not described here as they are quite technical and of less interest for most users.
revision 1 (released 2. feb 2005)
revision 2 (released 15. feb 2005)
- Moon's node no longer missing on anglian style chartwheel.
revision 3 (released 27. mar 2005)
- User defined entries in the additional gazetteer now handles south latitude and west longitude.
- The restore option in the backup menu can now overwrite existing files
revision 4 (released 31. mar 2005)
- Fixed an error introduced in revision 3 making the program crash if you entered a city, which were not found in the atlas.
- Fixed an error which produced a program crash if you entered a blank field for longitude or latitude.
- Labels in script generated menus will not longer be cropped if they are too long.
- Fixed an error in the livechart, which produced aspect lines pointing to an empty position (chiron).
- Fixed the button size in the license code dialog and the backup dialog.
- Fixed script interpreter, so that it is now immune to ESC (27) codes in the text
revision 6: (released 9. jun 2005)
- Fixed a timeout in the module installation, which made it sometimes fail when installing slow .exe files.
- Clockchart (key U) is now temporarily disabled when running the livechart to avoid conflict between them.
- Livechart not longer slowed down by data in the output window.
- Continuation line backslashes now works across $ paragraphs in script files
revision 8 (released 7. jul 2005)
- Scripts with EXEC (calling external programs) now less prone to crash
revision 9 (released 23. okt 2006)
- Det er ikke længere nødvendigt at klikke OK før man "blader" i dobbelt-input fanebladene i data-input menuen.
- Klik på x øverst til højre i udskriftvinduet sletter nu vinduets indhold
- Orbisværdier i orbis-sæt definitionerne er rettet så minutterne ikke længere misfortolkes
- You do no longer need to click OK before swithing tabs in the dual-entry input mode.
- Clicking the upper-right x in the output window now clears the output content.
- Orb values in the orbset definitions no longer misinterpret the minutes of arc
revision 10 (released 20. mar 2006)
- Livechart now shows BC dates correctly
- Livechart now calculates the age correctly for BC dates
- Fixed a Floating point error arising if you separate radix and forecast more than 4082 years.
- Fixed error in the script engine, making the forecaster interperetation exit prematurely at Chiron aspects.
- Aspect grid no longer cuts the text below the graph when Chiron is included.
- Livechart bookmarks now survive exit and restart of the the livechart window as long as you do not change the birthdata.
- City names entered in the intput menu will now be saved in the database together with the data.
- If one of two planets in an orbset definition has the orb set to 0-00, aspects to this planet will not appear, even if the combine rule is set to max or mean. To make this work, you need to set the config swtich 11 to 1 (with the macro $1 11 CONFX).
- Orbspeed is now shown correctly even if the speed is zero (eg. neither applying or separating)
- The macro "+" inserting data in the database is fixed, so that it works as it did in Argus 3.1. Users of the Correx plugin will appreciate that the module now works better in the "universal method" mode.
- The font dialog in "preferences" now shows the actual fontsize rather than always 10.
revision 11 (released 8. jan 2007)
- Slow start: Earlier versions sometimes paused with a blank rectangle when loading, in some cases even hung completely, due to a nonresponse from other open applications to a new-font broadcast. This has been fixed so that Argus is no longer waiting for response before continuing.
revision 12 (released 5. mar 2007)
- Pagenumbers are now written "page xx" rather than "page xx of yy". You may however have the expanded version, if you edit line 1108 (first line is 0) in the language definition file (language.cfg), and insert a template called "page %d of %d". The first %d translate into current page number, and the second (if present) into total number of pages.
- The language definition file is added to the "edit system variables" in the preferences menu. Scroll down the 500 system variables, and you will find the language definitions following. Editing and updating a line will write the changes to disk, whereas the system variables only change temporarily until you click PREFERENCES > SAVE TO DISK.
- A bug in the aspect calculation routine is fixed. If you chose large orbs and small aspects, this could sometimes result in missing major aspects, if an aspect angle was closer to a minor aspect (but outside orb) than to a major aspect (inside orb), it would be rejected. This is now fixed and all aspects within the defined orbs are written.
- It is now possible to make a printout of the database WITH notes, if you click the print-button with the RIGHT-MOUSE button.
- The pop-up menu in the notes-entry field is changed, so that you can do a printout of the notes to the output window. Previously, you needed to do a tedious copy and paste procedure.
- If you, using a macro ($2 5 CONFX) to choose national abbreviations instead of symbols in the positions printout, the signs will now print with three-letter abbreviations instead of two, which could be ambiguous.
revision 13 (released 30. mar 2007)
- The help system is changed to HTML help to be vista compatible.
- The argus font pca-ansi.ttf is changed to a symbol font, the old version did not display the Sun and some Pluto and Uranus symbols in windows vista.
ARGUS 4.2 Revisions:
revision 20 (released 30. march 2010)
- New version 4.2.
revision 21 (released 1. may 2010)
- A floating-point error, sometimes arising when calculating Kündig sections fixed
- Fixed font problem in the positions panels in the live-chart, where on some computers the line spacing got too big to hold all lines, scrolling the Sun position off the panel.
- The old ver 4.0 showed aspects between angles in the live-chart. This "feature" was removed in ver 4.2, but unfortunately also aspects from transit and tertiaries to radix angles disappeared. This is now fixed.
- Fixed error in the start files of the interpretation templates for Synastry and Progressed.